Prasad Bolla's SharePoint Blog

Click Here to go through the Interesting posts within my Blog.

Click Here to go through the new posts in my blog.

Saturday, November 03, 2012

How to Make Second Hard Disk offline in windows server 2008 R2 64 bit

I have a two Hard Disks in my SharePoint 2010 Server.  Due to this  I am getting performance issue while working with some applications. So I want to close one hard disk. I have done some research and found the below solution given in points. Be careful while you setting your hard disk offline. Choose the right one otherwise you will get problems.


  1. Log on to your Server. 
  2. Click on Server Manager icon() next to start menu.
  3. After opening server manager go to Disk Management.
  4. Here you will find the list of Hard disks.
  5.  Right Click on Hard Disk which you don't want to use and click on Offline.

No comments:

Post a Comment